Wednesday, October 17, 2018

Blog 011: html for them all.

Working with html again was an odd experience. The last time I used html to build a website, as opposed to adding tags to posts made on online forums, was back in early high school, roughly eight years ago at this point, and it was not a skill that I had expected to use again.The webpage I ended up producing was a simple one, single page no images, more of a “hello world” page then anything that would actually get deployed to the internet at any point later then the 90s.

The use of a text editor (in this case notepad) was not a hindrance or oddity for me as I am one of the few people who actually use notepad on a regular basis as a word processor. While it is most certainly not the most annoying language I have worked with - that dubious honor goes to TI Basic and its inexplicable inability to handle nested if statements - it is certainly not the best. The language is simply adequate to its purposes, it makes a website and makes you remember to include all the end tags. Of course it must be noted here that I do feel that a simple html page such as the one produced should be done in a simple text editor such as notepad rather than a more modern text editor that actually reminds you to include end tags, because where is the fun in simply being told where you made mistakes?

No comments:

Post a Comment